Monday, October 31, 2011

Day Six

Something I hope I never have to do.

Other than the obvious, I hope I never have to beg for food to feed my family or have to sleep in my car to keep my family safe. I take nothing for granted and truthfully thank God every day or at least think about my blessings and how fortunate I am. I know that it can all change in an instant, taking us out of our comfort zone and on to the street. For too many people this is a reality, not so much in this country, but around the world.

I also hope that I never have to give up freedoms that are protected by the Constitution. We must continue to fight so that they are not taken away. We must continue to exercise our right to vote and stay informed. We are very fortunate to be able to live in a country where we are able to express ourselves. Some people take it to extremes and have a completely warped mentality, in my opinion (for example the Occupy Movement) but we are free to demonstrate and express our thoughts and views.

No comments:

Post a Comment