Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day Four

Day 4...Something I have to forgive someone else for...

Honestly, I blame no one in MY OWN life for the way things have turned out. I feel that I am completely the one with my hands on the wheel. Life is way to short to play the blame game. I believe that people need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for their own actions and life. Ultimately it is up to you. Obviously there are people out there that are real victims, but after the healing it is time to let go and get on with life. I know it is easier said than done sometimes. I am sure people have hurt me in the past, but I have long gotten over it and forgiven those individuals. I do not hold any one responsible for any actions that need forgiving any longer. I would say that I am probably too forgiving, but I am okay with that. I can not hang onto angry emotions when it comes to the people in my life. I have great love for the everyone that I am blessed with knowing and accept them for what they have done, good and bad. I know many things are unintentional in love. We have all tried our hardest at times and that is all that matters. With love, comes forgiveness.

On another note, however, I find it hard to watch the news. I am very empathetic toward anything I see, whether it is happy, sad or repulsive. Too many times is it sad and just downright horrible. I am extremely sensitive when it comes to people placing harm to others in cold blood. I just do not understand how a human being can do some of these things and then I get very, very angry. This is especially true when it comes to victims of horrific crimes. As many of you who know me, I followed the Caylee Anthony story from Day One. As the clock ticked and more information came out about her mother and her bizarre behavior, I grew so angry. I followed the entirety of the case and was less than thrilled with the outcome and the decision of the jury as I feel justice simply was not served. My point is that I need to learn how to forgive others in life who do horrible things, I just do not know how. In that aspect of forgiveness, I have some deficiencies. I think that many people do. It is hard to forgive someone who has committed the most heinous crimes. And that my friends, is why I do not watch the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment